Sunday, December 5, 2010

Plastic bags

Yesterday, I went to T&T supermarket. I found some thing interesting that the cashier asked me:" would you need a bag?" I said:" Yes, please." Then, it charged 5cents for those two plastic bags. I'm wondering, those plastic bags are "white pollutions", how come supermarkets are still using it and charges it. Whenever people go to the supermarket, they need to buy the necessary foods or commodities for their life. However, they need a lot of plastic bags to take these stuffs to go when they finish their shopping. A large amount of plastic bags are being supplied to the market every day. How to recycle these plastic bags becomes a big problem because it will take lots of places and spaces to put these bags. In addition, these plastic bags are hard to decay because of the material will take 50 to 1,000 years to decay. Therefore, using fewer plastic bags can fix this kind of problem and help people to reduce the impact to the environment. Another question has come into my mind, how much more worthier are environmental bags than plastic bags? As the environment is getting worse nowadays, people should notice that using fewer plastic bags is a way to protect the environment and reduce the impact to the environment. However, only government and some organizations do most jobs to protect the environment is not enough. As a result, i decided to buy a environmental bag instead of being charged by plastic bags. Say goodbye to those "white garbages"~~

No comments:

Post a Comment